- Know about how to apply for jobs in USA
- Websites for specialised job hunting
- Placement organisations
Still the leading economy globally, the USA is an alluring destination for job hunters from India. However, the process is lengthy and very technical. Thus, having a clear idea of job application, the work that goes on to acquire a visa and other paperwork is imperative. Individuals who have been searching for How To Get Job In USA For Indian can keep reading the blog to get the necessary information.
Read also – 25 Most Common Jobs in America
Application Process for a Job in the USA
Step 1: An individual can search for jobs on Indeed, Monster, CareerBoard and USAJobs
Step 3: Research intensively about the company they are interested in and understand what they stand for
Step 4: Create a cover letter that states one’s purpose behind the application. This should convey to the company an individual’s passion and bring their communication skills to the forefront
Step 5: An individual’s resume should be catered for the company to which one is applying. Ensure that they meet the said job description
Moreover, many Indian companies have branches established in the USA, which means that one must speak with the management regarding this.
Candidates can also search for internship opportunities for this purpose. Most employers can also help in the visa application process and placement. Intern Group, CI, CIEEE, and BUNAC are the organisations that provide internships to the graduates.
Furthermore, the Fullbright Commission extend short-term employment opportunities to graduates with one year of work experience. This is how to get into the USA with an Indian degree.
Websites for Specialised Job Hunting
Generally, job posting websites allow an individual who is wondering how to get a job in the USA for Indians to find various vacant positions, along with the salary structure and other details related to that job opening. On the other hand, there are some websites which help one to find specialised jobs that are listed down for easier understanding:
- Sales- SalesHeads.com, SalesJobs.com, Sales Gravy
- Tech- Dice, Stack, Overflow, GitHub
- Design- Behance, Dribbble, Carbonmade, Coroflot
- Hospitality- Hcareers.com, Hospitality Online, LinkUp
Here is a list of organisations that can aid individuals with placement in the USA:
|Company||Headquarters||Number of Offices|
|TrueBlue||Washington||900 across North America and 69 other countries|
|Aerotek||Chicago||200 in USA and others in Europe and the Asia Pacific|
|Kforce||Florida||50 offices and 2 national centre of recruiting|
Highest Paying Jobs in the USA
Underlined below is a list of some of the highest-paying jobs in the USA:
|Job Role||Salary (in USD) per year|
|Chief Executives||185, 950|
|Airline pilots, Flight Engineers & Co-Pilots||160,970|
|Computer & Information System Managers||15, 151|
|Architectural Managers||149, 530|
|Advertising, Promotion & Marketing Managers||135, 900|
|Financial Managers||129, 890|
|Social Media Strategist||110,080|
|IT Manager||139, 220|
|Computer Network Architect||104, 650|
Individuals, who are wondering how to get a job in the USA for Indians, alongside knowing the process of obtaining a green card in this country, know the process of securing a job in this country.
Apply for Visa in the USA
The first step in finding an answer to the question of how to get jobs in the USA is to apply for a visa.
A visa provides the necessary authorisation for travelling and entering the said country and completing the admission. There are several types of visas that a foreign immigrant can apply for:
- Exchange Visitor Visa
- Temporary Work Visas (Non-Agricultural)
- Temporary Worker Visas for Skilled Workers
- Seasonal Agricultural Work Visas
Leap Scholar helps you with the hassle-free visa process. Contact our Study abroad experts Today!
Furthermore, one can opt for a Green Card.
Eligibility Criteria for Green Card
An individual can be eligible for it if he\she is:
- A first preference immigrant worker who has extraordinary ability in Science, Arts, Business, and is a Multinational Manager or an Executive and an outstanding researcher or professor.
- A second preference is an immigrant worker who belongs to a profession requiring an advanced degree and seeking a national interest waiver.
- A third preference is an immigrant worker, meaning that one is a skilled immigrant whose job requires a minimum of two years of work experience, or a professional, which means that an individual possesses a Bachelor’s Degree or is an unskilled worker, which means that one has a less than two years of work experience.
- One should note that one needs to approach an employer willing to sponsor. If one can do so, one will be able to secure an H-1B Visa, but an applicant’s resume needs to support this application.
Application Process for Green Card
Once an individual meets the said eligibility criteria, they must follow these steps to apply for a Green Card:
Step 1: Navigate to the official website of the Government of the USA
Step 2: Fill up the Form I-485
Step 3: The USCIS will review the form and schedule an interview
Step 4: After it is issued, its validity will be for ten years
This is how to get a job in the USA for Indians. However, if one has been looking for jobs, one must remember that academic qualification, job experience and personal interest are some factors that influence one’s decision. Furthermore, the salary plays a pivotal role in deciding the career path.
1. Is it possible for Indians to get a job in the USA?
Ans. Yes, skilled employees with work experience can easily get a job in the USA.
2. Which jobs are in most demand in the USA?
Ans. These are the jobs that are in most demand:
Informational Security Analyst